Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Bug By Another Name...

A late breaking tip-off from a fellow gardener, who suggested this featured creature, previously referred to by me as "bug" on Friday, might in fact be the invasive and north-creeping Asian Longhorn Beetle. She expressed this with some concern as the ALB is a species which was not known to be exactly here yet.

I've done some Googling, and other online searching, and have found that this bug is NOT that nefarious invader: the ALB is way uglier!! However, I'm still not entirely sure just what it is. Ah, the business of identifying by figuring out all that something is NOT is such a slow one...

Guess there's no more denying that insects are the dark spot in the scope of my gardening knowledge. So, it's off to find that Insect Guide I've been thinking about lately. Time to get to know a little more about these folks we're hosting.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: