Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Fruity Surprise

 Posted by Picasa

Yes, that's right. It's a peach!! I've been so busy paying attention to the bed in front of this particular fruit tree, and it had bloomed so little this spring, that I had sort of assumed it was a cherry tree or something. To be honest, checking it for fruit had never occurred to me...especially with so many phlox blooming just in front of it.
 Posted by Picasa


But then last night, it caught my eye, that single fruit...and a further examination revealed four more of them. My eyes opened, I checked another tree, and found the tiny red pear pictured below. There are also two apple trees, as well, which have only produced a few icky looking apples.
 Posted by Picasa


Well, now that identities are being revealed, I'll be able to figure out what to do for them in the future. In the meantime, I'm suddenly considering the concept of a peach blackberry pie.

No comments: