Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Golden Afternoon


Taking advantage of the day off and some fantastic weather, I delivered a first load of rocks for the garden to Harwich and did a little sight-seeing to celebrate the beautiful day.




I love the way the cranberries in a flooded bog make the shoreline blush.



Since my day's activities weren't particularly "Hallo ween-y", I thought it might be interesting to shoot a couple photos of the churchyard cemetary at the First Congregational Church, which was actually quite lovely. Many of the headstones' etchings seem to have worn away, but I did spot one dated at 1837.





There wasn't too much time for tarrying, though, as I had candy to buy and a house to spookify a little. Actually, since we're at the end of a dark wooded driveway, I wanted it to seem more inviting than anything. (The red luminaries, BTW, are plastic Folgers Coffee cans, with sand and a tea candle. I'm pretty pleased with this re-use discovery. The labels have been removed, of course.)

And we were lit up just in time to greet our first and only trick-or-treaters of the evening!

No comments: