Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday

\
This morning, the trellace cousins of the red rose in the raspberries began blooming. So beautiful, and each one perfect in its own way. And the scent...I spent a long time drinking the scent of it.

Partly because its harder to do with a stupid headcold...but also because it was just amazing, and I was trying to figure out how to describe it to you. But what can I say? It's the not the kind of scent you write clinical descriptions about...this is a rose that inspires poetry.

Or it would have, had I not been shortly dashing off to work.


Elsewhere is the whole patch of that multi-hued sweet william I showed a close-up of the other day. It's an interesting effect, the way the flowers are each different from the other.

Meanwhile, across the path, this nasturtium has begun blooming.

Further down in the meadow's south end, the pretty bindwind has begun to bloom as it weaves through the ferns.

And near the garden's entrance, the spiderwort's color is a perfect match for these magenta snapdragons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah! Spiderwort! That's what I have in my front yard that planted itself! It just showed up last year.

The roses.... WOW.

--Jenn