Tuesday, December 04, 2007

First Snow


What remains of the shrinking pond has frozen over now, I'm sure to the dismay of the ducks, who've gone into hiding. It has been cold, down in the twenties, but not for all that long, so I'm sure it'll thaw out pretty quick if it warms up again.

Although we had a few very light flurries in the air this past Sunday night, this morning saw our first real dusting of snow, though it remained fairly light and never really accumulated much.

I'm sorry I've not been writing more. With just a little over a week until my forty-third (gasp!) birthday, I've recently discovered my warrantee may already have expired.

It turns out that last week's regimen of daytimes spent decking the halls at work and evenings packing boxes at home was perhaps a little over-doing the multi-tasking. Or at least that seems to be the case, having caused myself some back and rotator cuff pain that made last weekend's busy schedule a bit of a challenge.

I had a bit of massage therapy yesterday, in hopes of working out some of the kinks, and it may well have done so. However, in the meantime, I'm even more sore from the treatment.

While I recover, I thought you might enjoy looking at some of the festive displays that brought us to this moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the rotator cuff - hopefully you'll be back on your...er....shoulder or arm soon. Hey, nice pics of the restaurant. I don't think I've seen any of your decorated events before - Nice!

Heather - Pence that is