Monday, January 07, 2008

Out With the Tree


With the Christmas season at its ultimate conclusion, and needles accumulating on the manger roof, the time had come to take apart the Christmas tree. But I didn't want to do it without a closer look at the tree topper this year.

I found this cool wicker star during the move and it was the perfect addition to the usual white dove. I liked that it was all-natural, but gave the tree a nice traditional (do I mean 'nostalgic'? Isn't that always a part of Christmas?)look.

Although I've been happy with the look of the plastic shimmery icicles, I still miss good old fashioned tinsel, which is not only a pain in the ass to deal with in the static-y winter season, but also not safe for pet friendly homes.

Anyone have any suggestions for something closer to that single strand of shimmer for next year?

No comments: