Tuesday, June 17, 2008

For The Love of Our Home


There'll be more garden photos and stuff to share with you later, but first, a moment about our planet. I think it's becoming more clear every day that Global Warming is not the fiction our government leaders have suggested. They can afford to keep their heads in the sand, protected by their bank accounts and bunkers, but the rest of us need the world to bring us life, joy and the loving embrace of Nature.

For each blogger who posts the badge for the 350 Challenge on their blog, Brighter Planet will off 350 pounds of carbon. Nothing to turn your nose up at, this is equivalent to turning off 100 light bulbs or leaving your car parked for two weeks. Already, they've offset 122,500 pounds of carbon. Can you really afford not to add the badge?

Thanks to Curt at While Walking Duncan (if you haven't discovered this delightful blog about a boy and his dog, take a moment--you won't be disappointed)for bringing this campaign to my attention.

5 comments:

Butch said...

I opened your blog to Beethovan's "Ode to Joy" ("Ach,du liebe.") ;-)

Nice way of starting off my day, thanks.

I'll look in to the blog you posted.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you want to play. I've just tagged you.

Anonymous said...

I have been badged! Thanks!

Greg said...

I'm pleased the music is working out so well...actually, I must admit I find myself leaving the blog minimized while surfing so I can enjoy the assortment myself. What a shame I could only choose a hundred!

Curt Rogers said...

Oh my! I love my Saturday mornings of blog catch-up and this was what I discovered this first thing this morning. I don't know how I missed it earlier this week, but I did.

THANK YOU for posting the badge. Not only are you participating in an important and responsible program but it looks mighty handsome on your page.

And of course, thank you for the shout-out. You're a good egg!