Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Catching Up


Hello again, gentle blog readers. Sorry for the long silence. Guess I've just had a touch of spring fever, except of course it's high summer.

Anyway, there was a sinus infection and some busy-ness at work and general summertime activity(or laziness, as the case may be) and I fell out of the blogging habit for a little while...so shame on me, mea culpa. Let's get over it and move on.

Anyway, I'm back, and although I've not been narrating much, at least I've still been sharing the lovelies! Please let me know if there was something I ought to have told you more about and I'll be glad to fill in those gaps.


As you've seen, the garden certainly hasn't been waiting for me to catch up. Lilies are blooming, my favorite drumstick alliums have come into their own, the hydrangeas seem to be inflating, their flowers opening and showing more color, it seems, by the minute. In the back garden, the autumnal-toned rudbeckia is turning out to be one of my favorites(but then again, you know me: they're all my favorites!).

I am sorry to tell you that the big storms (four in a row) we had back on _____ brought some high winds with them, and we seem to have lost all the peaches which were ripening on our tree in the Orchard Garden. There was one which survived, but I suspect one of the crows have since enjoyed it, as I can't find a one.

Hopefully, some tighter pruning of the peach tree later this summer will prevent such damage in the future.

Here's a nice close up of those drumstick alliums. I love the way they bob on the breeze amongst the other flowers (and you can see the bees are fond of them, too!), but that does make them a little more difficult to photograph sometimes.

No comments: