Monday, July 30, 2007

Fungi (get it?)


Good morning, and welcome to an annual feature we here at the Midnight Garden like to call "I'm Just a Fun Guy".

It's my chance to wander around and take a look at some of the other things that are popping up out of the ground this time of year.

This one's sort of impressive. I don't know any of the real names for these mushrooms, save of course, for champignon
(as they say in polite French gardening circles...if such things exist).

I like to call this one the pancake mushroom.

And it would appear that I'm not the only one who thought it looked edible.

Wait, is that a pair of squirrels lugging the glassine figure of Mrs. Butterworth into the underbrush?

I wish I could include a few more of these photos...but there isn't mush room.

Sorry, gang, these are the jokes.

(Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the grape tomatoes!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Greg, what do ya do for an encore if you can spore, er, spare the time? :-)

And yes, it DOES look like a pancake... that's way too funny.