Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Color of the Sun


Despite (or perhaps because of) the rain yesterday and today, this morning's big discovery was the beginning of bloom for the first of the gladiolas. I've not grown them in a few years, so was glad to add them back to the routine this spring.

I'm sorry that none of the purple ones were viable (they felt suspiciously soft when I planted them), as they'd have offered a nice contrast, since we already have so many flowers in this year's scheme.

Not that there's anything wrong with Yellow, certainly. It's a bright and sunny color on even a rainy day, but I always think variety is the spice of life...and gardens...so I look forward to adding some different colored glads next spring!

Take for example, the pink of these re-blooming dianthus. There's a nice contrasting color.

No comments: