Thursday, August 09, 2007

Provincetown Afternoon


Afternoon found me motoring out to Provincetown for a haircut.

I guess everyone else was on the beach(and who can blame them, since it was the week's stellar day!?), since traffic was much lighter than I'd anticipated, and ended up getting into town with time to kill before my appointment.


And so, I wandered off to pass the time looking for some fun pictures to share with you all, just in case some of you can't get to the Cape this week!


All is calm in Provincetown Harbor. To the right you can see the white beam of Cape Cod Light, or Highland Light, in North Truro.

Commercial Street's always good for some enter tain ment value, but even there the crowds were on the sparse side. Again, the Beach...any beach...was probably the place to find crowds today and that's okay, 'cause I wasn't looking for them.


I certainly didn't mind there not being a line at Ben and Jerry's, though!

A technical note: most of these pics will "embiggen" nicely, if you're interested in a closer look!



After the ice cream I made my way back to Salon 54.

Thanks for the great cut, Barry!
As always, it is Per fect ion! ; )


With such a fantastic sky as backdrop, you can hardly blame me for detouring by Highland Light on the way home for a little photo shoot.

I just love this lighthouse. You could say it was the thing that brought me to the Cape, in fact.

1 comment:

Blusa Transparente said...

You have a beatiful blog.

and your pictures are incredibles.

Saludos, from chile.