Friday, September 07, 2007

Seventh Day


It was another beautiful summer morning, this seventh of September, with temperatures climbing early into the 70s. I understand it was much warmer away from the sea, so I guess we were benefiting from those great ocean breezes. Nice to see that the warm days are not all past us yet.

And it was a delightful showcase for the red sedum, and the re-blooming lavendar beebalm.

I was only trying to capture a picture of the lacey wonderfulness that is the flower of Queen Anne's Lace. It wasn't until I saw this pic on the computer that I realized I'd captured a whole team of pollinating beetles in action. Well, for the moment, I'm assuming their performing some beneficial role. But as always with insects, I'll keep you updated on what I learn of their identity.

These marigolds and hostas are blending nicely together.

And in the windowbox outside the kitchen door, that cut-leaf coleus has decided to be great friends with some of those pink petunias I'd planted out front earlier in the season.

On a more personal note, I'd like to take a moment to wish a Very Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad! Congratulations! Hope you're having a great day!

No comments: