Saturday, September 08, 2007

Windmill Weekend: Classic Cars


Ah, another beautiful summer morning. But today's a special occasion, and we won't tarry in our garden long. There's not all that much new to see there, and here in Eastham, it's Windmill Weekend.

It's a whole weekend festival of activities celebrating Eastham's history and extending the summer season for those of us who live here all year round.

So, instead of remaining in the company of the goldenrod and snapdragons, I took my camera and wandered across the street to the Elks Club, where the participants in this afternoon's Classic Car Show were arriving.

Now look, I'm the Midnight Gardener, I'm not Click OR Clack--the guys from "Cartalk". So don't expect a proper narration of the assorted beauties. Just enjoy them.



Now, on the subject of these next two representatives from the Wellfleet and Eastham Fire Departments, I have only this to say (those involved will understand): Fire trucks, I win!!


The Marines were well-represented.

There is something a little bittersweet about realizing that all the cars you remember from your childhood can now easily be welcomed to a Classic Car Show. I knew a van just like this as a kid.


No comments: