Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday


Well, it always takes a few days, but today, our feeder visitors began to show up for real, including this cute little titmouse.

Perhaps it's a silly thing, but the new place feels a little more like home now, with birds at the window feeders. You can be sure there's a kitty in the house who's even more excited than I am.

I did get to stay home for the earlier part of today and "play" a bit at moving furniture and boxes around in the back room--it was a bit like one of those sliding tile puzzles, actually--and eventually got it (this last frontier of Complete Chaos) a little more organized. It turned out there were actually couches in there! And I got the second television hooked up.

That crowded back corner of the room will be my project over the next few days, as I work to get the computer station set up, so I'll be ready for the arrival of Broadband on Wednesday (oh, how happy I will be...). Progress is coming in bits and pieces here and there: yesterday, we brought home the washing machine and were able to get electrical outlets in the back room and laundry area working. Now we just need to figure out what sort of angry creature may be living beneath the back bedroom, whom we heard squeaking and chittering at us last night.

Meanwhile, it sounds like there's the potential for us to get just a little snowed in for the New Year; there's a storm we're keeping an eye on for Monday-into-Tuesday, and we'll just have to wait and see how that plays out.

Here's the sky this evening, as I finally headed for work. This is most interesting because, not five minutes later, it was SO foggy that I was looking for a red-nosed reindeer to get me the rest of the way to the restaurant!

No comments: