Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Twelfth Day


“'Tis but an hour ago since it was nine, And after one hour more 'twill be eleven; And so, from hour to hour, we ripe and ripe, And then, from hour to hour, we rot and rot; And thereby hangs a tale.”

William Shakespeare, 1564 - 1616.

And happy birthday to me. ; )

I packed up another load of stuff today to take to Harwich before work today.

It was a beautiful day, overcast, but with temps in the low 50s. Something about the sky caught my eye, as it so often does, and I made a detour up to Fort Hill, one of my favorite scenic spots in Eastham.


These gulls definitely gave the impression it was colder than it was. But in their defense, they are usually just sitting out in the wind all the time, so I imagine their standards are different.



And then it was off to Harwich. We've recently found the shortest route there, so that's been kind of fun.

I didn't have much time to spare, but managed to unload everything and set out a little bit of festiveness, like the tablecloth in the kitchen (still the practical plastic one, with the Move still in progress!).

And I stuck my African violet into this snowman head planter. Cute, isn't he?



We're targeting Friday as our date to finish with the move, with services coming on and all. As you can, though, we'll have a fun job of unpacking still ahead of us.

While it's often a little over whelming on the face of it, once you get started, the unpacking usually happens fairly quickly and I always think its kind of fun to figure out where everything's going to end up, as the layout of your household unfolds.

Here's the sunset over Cape Cod Bay (across Bees Creek and First Encounter Marsh)as I finally made my way to work this afternoon.

There's talk of snow for us tomorrow. These clouds seem to offer a similar suggestion. I always hope for a bit of snow as holiday set dressing for Christmas, but I wouldn't have minded if it had waited just another week this year.

No comments: