Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Snow Crocuses!


Hey, look everyone!! Snow crocuses!!

Recently, one of my Midnight Garden tipsters [what, you thought only news blogs had tipsters?!] let me know she'd seen some nice yellow crocuses in bloom in front of the Dojo where she trains in Orleans.

So, on a break this afternoon I took a little ride, and although I had to look pretty closely since the overcast day was keeping them closed up tight, I eventually found them and caught these pics to share with all of you--especially those of you in the Great White North, who won't see such delight in your own neighborhoods for possibly months yet!

(Thanks for the head's up, Leslie...)


Temper atures were in the low forties today, as we creep towards the turn of the seasons, but there were ominous clouds on the horizon at Skaket Beach.

In fact, when my day ended around 10:00 p.m., snow showers made the ride home from work a little more interesting. Not much, but a little.

23 Days til Spring!

No comments: