Sunday, March 30, 2008

Plant Inspector


Another sunny day today. Temperatures still in the mid-thirties and pretty breezy, but the sun was awfully nice. Still, it was also a nice day to check in with the houseplants in my bedroom window.

As you can see, Badum's gotten there ahead of me. T'was the great flights and songs of birds outside the window that brought him here, but the budding apple branches I've got in water drew his attention. Note the height on the canna lily. I'm not that familiar with these guys, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts blooming before long.

In the lower right of the window is an Easter cactus, which I guess was blooming when I bought it back eleven years ago this spring. But I can't for the life of me remember what color the flowers were. Orange, perhaps?

1 comment:

Butch said...

Does your cat follow you every where you go? That's a great picture of it amony the plants.