Thursday, April 03, 2008

Must Be Thursday...


Here's some proof I was actually up to see the sunrise today.

After we'd finished the breakfast event, I walked down the parking lot to enjoy this colony of Glory of the Snow (chionodoxia) which blooms a little more grandly with each year at the edge of the driveway.


This little heather, with the big pink color, was the best part of gassing up the car this afternoon. $3.15 a gallon. I wonder if I can adapt my car to run on a giant rubber band if I twist it up real tight before I hit the road. Although, I have to say, my Saturn ION seems to get pretty great mileage.

Returning home, I discovered a few of the new crocuses I planted in the fall have begun to bloom. This was the nicest of the bunch.

Inside, the forcing of apple branches is proceeding nicely, with leaves unfurled and blossom buds almost ready to open. You can see down in the corner that my African violet is continuing to bloom great guns.

1 comment:

Butch said...

chionodoxia... so that is what those little blue beauties are called. I think I have those in my yard as well. They are the first flowers that bloom every Spring in our yard. Thanks,Greg, they finally have a name! ;-)