Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big Sky at Sunset


It's funny how every August my attention turns to the sky...not only for the Perseid Meteor shower of weeks past and the lunar eclipse next Tuesday morning...but also for these amazing cloud formations and sunsets we are blessed with on the Cape. I took one look at this sky on the way home tonight and knew I needed to detour to First Encounter Beach for a few minutes.


The sunsets are great, don't get me wrong. But sometimes I think the skies behind and to either side of me when I'm looking to the west which are the loveliest.

A few examples, first there's this ominous sky looking East across Eastham.

Then there's the view to the south, looking toward Rock Harbor and Orleans.

If you prefer, there's this view of the boats along the shore looking north toward Wellfleet and the Outer Cape. Every where you turn is a view to take your breath away.

No comments: